Join Design Team Expert Leslie Ashe as she shares this fun technique for creating a banner for your layouts. Banners are a super hot trend right now, and this technique can also be used on cards and home decor projects!
* "This & That Charming" Collection Kit
* Black Pen
* Paper Piercer
1. Choose your supplies and photo(s). (I used a single 5x7 black & white photo mounted on the page.)
2. Trim different strips of paper for each banner to 1 1/2" wide (you can use the same paper or switch it up like I did).
3. Next trim your banner pieces to 2 1/2” long (tip: you’ll need 15 banners total).
4. Slightly pinch the bottom corners of your banner and snip for a perfect “v” in your banner.
5. Adhere your first row of banners (there will be 7) about 1/2” from each side of your layout.
7. Adhere a 2nd row of banners (there will be 6) above the first row, slightly to the right (they will be in the middle of each banner in the first row).
9. Adhere a border sticker inside this border strip.
10. Adhere the remaining 2 banners just to top left side of your photo (banner facing up).
12. Adhere a tiny banner sticker to top left (beside banners you’ve cut) and to bottom (under sentiment).
13. Place the “amazing” sticker on the photo.
14. Use a brad as the dot for your “I”. Place “I think You’re” sticker just above the brad.
15. Adhere the tiny banner sticker “snapshots” to bottom right of photo.
16. Adhere the star sticker just above, on photo, using 3D adhesive.
17. Adhere letter stickers (spelling out name, or just initials like I did) just above the star stickers.
18. Draw journaling lines just above and journal about your photo.
TIP: To make your banners appear to be more 3D, just slightly fold them going up OR you can use a pencil to fold them up slightly.
Can you think of other ways you might create and use a banner on your projects? We'd love to hear your ideas! Simply leave us a comment in the comments section below.