Looking to create a fun card but need a jumping off point? Be sure to read through Design Team Expert Leslie Ashe's post on creating a card from a sketch. Then use her sketch as inspiration for creating your own version!
Hi there! Leslie Ashe here again to share a simple, easy to re-create card from a sketch. Well in my case, I created the card and THEN the sketch.I think I’ve shared before I have a hard time with sketches, but at the same time love being challenged by them. I hope you enjoy creating this card. It was fun to make!
I love making cards & giving them away, especially to my college-age kids. I want to make sure they get a little bit of “home” in their mailboxes while they’re away studying hard. The "Note To Self" collection makes that simple and fun to do. The stickers have the perfect words I want to say to them, plus the colors are so rich & vibrant with a calm, cool touch. I love it! "Note To Self" is one of my first “go to” for projects because of that. It also reminds me a little of my youth, but I don’t tell my kids that. Ha!
Thank you for letting me share this card with you today. I hope I’ve left you with some inspiration!
Here's the sketch for this card:
Echo Park Note To Self
-NS28003 Red Dots
-NS28014 ElementStickers F
-NS28023 6x6 PaperPad Cover
other: May Arts ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch
1. Cut the patterened paper 5” x 12”, fold & score (this will be your card base).
2. Using a decorative border punch, punch the bottom edge of card (for front and back of card).
3. Fold the stripes paper in half, and hand cut a heart (it will come out at 4” wide).
4. Place number paper (from the 6x6 paper pad) in center of card base.
5. Place the heart you cut earlier in center of card base using 3D adhesive.
6. Trim 2 strips of the red dot paper about 1” x 4” and cut a “v” at the left side. Place in center of heart.
7. Trim a 1” x 1” strip of red dot paper and cut a slight arrow at end. Place at right side of heart. Place sentiment sticker on top of strips, closer to the right side of card.
8. Tie a bow around the key sticker and place next to the sentiment sticker.
Did you use the card sketch for inspiration? We'd love to see! Simply upload your project to our Facebook page making sure to note that you used Leslie's sketch. We just know we're going to be inspired!