Please welcome Design Team Expert Linda Auclair as she shares a bright and sunny card sketch with you today. Linda's sketch is super fun, and I know you'll enjoy recreating this dynamic card design. Read through her instructions and tips and tricks for creating this card!
Good morning! I’d like to share a card made from a simple sketch this morning. I used products from the “Hello, Summer” collection for my sunny greeting. Nothing brightens a friend’s day more than a handmade card sent with love. Here is the sketch I used to create this card:
* 1- 5x7 blank white card or cardstock folded and cut to size
* "Hello, Summer" Banners patterned paper (yellow plaid reverse side)
* "Hello, Summer" Happy Flowers patterned paper (yellow geometric reverse side)
* "Hello, Summer" Alpha Stickers sheet
* Red/Yellow cardstock
* "Hello, Summer" Decorative Brads
* Assorted yellow buttons and rhinestones
1. Cut two 1" X 12" strips from each of the yellow patterned papers.
2. Cut one 3.5" circle from yellow cardstock.
4. Center the circle shape over the ends of the strips and adhere the shape to the card, hanging it slightly over the lower edge. Trim the bottom edge of the circle shape flush with the edge of the card.
5. Adhere the “HELLO” letter stickers to cardstock. Adhere the “Sunshine” sticker to the card using foam tape.
6. Fill the remainder of the space with the buttons and rhinestones.
Recreate this same card using different colors of patterned paper, with punched circles, or a die cut title. Mix-it up to make it your own. Watch for additional card and layout sketches in previous and upcoming blog posts. Create a personal file of Echo Park Paper Sketches by "pinning" them to an EP Sketch Pin Board! You can find our "Pinterest" page HERE!